GSMST Fine Arts Vision Statement
The GSMST Fine Arts Department will be a world class educational program for students in grades 9-12 developing a well rounded STEM student by offering rigorous courses fostering higher order thinking and creative problem solving skills. We will also endeavor to enhance each student's artistic and social development so they leave GSMST as independent, cooperative, responsible and creative lifelong learners. We believe that these skills and qualities will prepare our students to pursue further educational goals and allow them to contribute to the life and well being of society as a whole.
GSMST Fine Arts Mission Statement
The GSMST Fine Arts Department serves as a catalyst for students to realize their creative potential by providing a personalized and rigorous learning environment, fostering experiential education and contributing to the cultural enrichment of a global society.
Our Strategic Goals
- Cultivate in all GSMST Fine Arts Students, an appreciation for the value of the performing and visual arts
- Promote positive learning environments for our students as they seek to develop a life-long appreciation of the arts
- Offer curriculum that exceeds national standards which includes experiential programming giving students opportunities to develop as artists, scholars, and/or arts patrons.
- Create events to enrich the quality of life on the GSMST campus, in the community, and extending to the national and international arena
- Contribute to students’ development as ethical leaders and responsible citizens in a global community
Our mission and strategic goals are focused on making the arts a vital, visible, accessible, innovative, and integral part of the intellectual and cultural life of the Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science, and Technology.